Tuesday, April 18, 2017

From waxberry to tradition

Between the rainy days and sudden cloudy weather, it surely torments people. Meanwhile, it is at the harvest season of waxberry. My colleague sent me some and at the same time I received another small basket of those dark red berries from a friend. When I was called from family there purchased some too, cheap jerseys, I felt a must to ferment them into drink again since we cannot eat all. The good news is that I have several glass jars which used to contain berry wine before.

My schoolmate has phoned me again to pick berries. He explains to me if I am not available he just delivers me some. I appreciate his hospitality and agree to visit him when I am free. The relation we have been keeping all the time ever since we made in the university. School life is always full of good memory and the friendship among students usually is worth of owning.

The convenience of scientific development helps us find it easier to build up communication. And we even do not write letters because a phone call or an email solves most problems. No matter how advanced the technology would be like, cheap snapback hats, it cannot replace the basic emotional contact since we are not robots.

Most ones now meet the problem that they are not able to write once they try to write down something. That kind of character amnesia happens. Another problem is most of us feel hard to write well. We are amused by our awkward script due to unfamiliarity of handwriting. We rarely write by hand nowadays. I still remember in primary school I was taught to write in brush and won a second prize in a calligraphy competition. I hardly see schools advocating of brush writing, instead, only declaration of how many students has been enrolled to those famous universities.

As a matter of fact, many of good traditions should be inherited. Thus, I’d rather like reading paper material books. The goodness of traditional reading does not harm too much for eyes and also I enjoy reading as well as the great smell of paper. I also have cultivated the habit of keeping notes with my pen in ink. Whenever I open a notebook, fake oakley sunglasses, I recall myself on those written characters in papers.

So a visit in person will be more meaningful not only has it fulfilled “Long time no see”, but also realized the joyfulness of picking.

No comments:

Post a Comment